Egg Salad is the perfect school lunch! It’s hearty, tasty and takes no time at all to prepare. Trade the fatty, mayonnaise-laden version for this Eat-Clean recipe from Tosca Reno’s book, The Eat-Clean Diet for Family and Kids! Make sure to pack it in a cooler.
- 1/4 cup / 60 ml fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 Tbsp / 15 ml skim milk
- 1 tsp / 5 ml mustard
- 4 hardboiled egg whites, diced
- 1 hardboiled yolk
- 2 Tbsp / 30 ml chopped green onion
- 2 Tbsp / 30 ml chopped celery
- Dash curry powder
- 1/4 tsp / 1 ml sea salt
- Whip cottage cheese and milk until smooth in medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Blend remaining ingredients except egg whites with cottage cheese mixture.
- Add diced egg whites to cottage cheese mixture. Mix well.
Nutrients per Serving
Calories from Fat: 30
Saturated Fat: 1g
Trans Fat: 0g
Dietary Fiber: 3.5g