This recipe pairs sweet potatoes with flank steak and Chimichurri sauce. If you are not familiar with Chimichurri sauce, it is a green sauce made from finely chopped parsley, minced garlic, red wine vinegar, and cilantro. It is the perfect marinade or sauce for flank steak.
Makes: 4 servings…Prep time: 10 minutes…Cook time: 30 minutes
- 6-9 medium sweet potatoes (about 3 pounds), cut into long 1-inch-wide wedges
- 4 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, 1 crushed and 2 roughly chopped
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 cup parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 pounds flank steak
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Toss sweet potato wedges with 1 tablespoon olive oil, crushed garlic clove, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and place in a shallow roasting pan. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Mix garlic, cilantro, parsley, 3 tablespoons olive oil, vinegar, 2 tablespoons water, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a food processor. Blend until almost smooth.
- Rub flank steak with remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place in a broil pan and cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium rare. Let sit for 10 minutes. Thinly slice and place 2 to 3 strips on each plate and top with 2 tablespoons sauce. Serve with sweet potatoes.